Friday, November 9, 2012

"OMG - We'll always have Paris" - NOTD


Have you heard of OMG Nails (MoYou Nail Art)? They sent me a few items
to try out. Two Image Plates (MoYou N08 and N16), Special Black Nail Polish,
a stamper and scraper. MoYou Plates have a paper backing so the edges are
not too sharp but it is good to always handle with care. There is a blue protective
film on the top that you need to remove before you can use the image plates.
The plates are the same size (5,7 cm) as a lot of other well known brands.


My thoughts

The Special Nail Polish has a weird smell, other than that it's good,
get's the job done. Not at all messy to remove from the cuticles. The
image plates work great. I will be getting more of their Image Plates.

However OMG Nails need to work on their stamper and scraper. I did
not get the image to transfer on to the stamper. I buffed it but could not
get it to work. But I found an other use for it, to distress paper with ink to
make it look old. The plastic scraper is too soft, the edge was uneven.

UPDATE!
I did some further testing of the stamper. And it seems that the trouble
is with this particular image of the Eiffel Tower on MoYou Image Plate N16
(and possibly others with similar fine lines). On other images with larger
areas the stamper work fine. And it also works with other brand polishes.

Boohoo I broke a nail

The Manicure


I started out with a basecolor, Essence Color & Go - 79 Viva la Green.
Then I applied striping tape to my nails and sponged the tips with white
polish. I removed the striping tape and stamped the Eiffel Tower and part
of the American flagg from MoYou N16. Sealed it with Top Coat.


OMG Nails have new Image Plates coming out soon. You can check
them out on their Facebook Page or Website: moyounails.co.uk
Send your orders to: info@omgnails.co.uk International shipping.



__ __ __

And that's a "Piece of Pie"

9 comments:

  1. very nice... I really like the shape of the stamper :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I did not get the stamper to work. I used my KONAD stamper to do this manicure.

      Delete
  2. I love this mani. I wish I could be as creative as you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! - I'm sure you can be as creative as me. Just seek inspiration from all over and it will come to you. Start with copying other manicures and then you might get your own ideas.

      Delete
  3. I love the look you created with this nail art! Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome Ida, you have lot of talent.. I love this mani xxx

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts!

LinkWithIn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...